Cakebread Cellars has had a deserved reputation for producing excellent wines and has been recognized by consumer and trade surveys as a coveted brand. While many of Cakebread wines have earned critical acclaim, the winery had also been involved in significant ongoing initiatives to elevate the discussion of wine and food from both culinary and educational perspectives. The agency’s assignment was to generate key media exposure of these programs.
- Further extend Cakebread’s reputation as one of Napa Valley’s premier producers of the highest quality and in-demand wines through exposure in high-end demographic press.
- Position individual family members as expert resources for the press on proprietary topics such as Cakebread’s three day MBA-like program for graduate students; Access To The Top (Jack Cakebread visiting the top graduate schools for an afternoon seminar); vineyard technology and management and its American Harvest Workshop.
- Establish Cakebread as a top-tier press resource on premium wine issues.
- Utilize Cakebread’s wine and food events such as the American Harvest Workshop, Cakebread U and nationwide Vintner Dinner program to generate awareness of specific winery story angles.
- Create topic-specific media solicitation letters targeted against select media.
- Invigorate the winery visit program where journalists can enjoy the Cakebread experience and are given a private tour; preview releases; a gourmet lunch with one or more of the family members and one-on-one interviews on specific topics.
- Establish press exposure goals for each primary press outreach.
- The impact of the public relations campaign can be tracked to sales of wine mentioned in articles.
- The consumer-based media exposure reached many more top tier press than in past efforts. Exposure included New York Times Sunday Business Section, Newsweek, Time, Fortune, Ladies Home Journal, Harpers Bazaar, Robb Report (three times); BusinessWeek Online, Departures Magazine, MSNBC, Better Homes & Garden, among many others. Cakebread Cellars has been featured in six of the top 10 daily newspapers.
- The American Harvest Workshop has entertained top journalists from Gourmet Magazine, Better Homes & Garden, Metropolitan Home, San Francisco Chronicle, Wine Investor/Buyers Guide, Ladies Home Journal, Associated Press and more.